Monday, February 8, 2016

Swimming; A personal narative

     Because swimming is highly competitive, to continue being ranked 12th in the nation for my age, I have to practice daily. My hardest days are Tuesdays and Thursdays. I go to morning practice from 5:00- 6:30 am. Then, I have to be in my first-period class by 7:35. After school, I go to practice. Swimming, that it is a very competitive sport. For example, my teammates and I swim at most seven days a week, we swim 50 miles and that’s without meets on the weekend and morning practice. We all compete to be the best. Our world is revolved around swimming, and it sometimes gets in the way of more important things. It effects things such as school and hanging out with friends. When I get home at 7:10, I take a shower, eat dinner and I go to bed. After this, there is no time to get a good amount of sleep and take time to do our homework. I am usually so tired I'm just not able to get things done and getting up at 5 in the morning to go to practice doesn’t help that much either.

     I am ranked twelve in the nation. 1st in the mile. Swimming got intense around when I was eleven. I won state at 10, 11 and 12 and I got 2nd when I was and 13. I am going to sectionals, in March 2016. My team, Park City Swimming, are second in the state. Swimming is a very big part of my life. Swimming and school are a double life. Swimming would be first, but according to my parents school has to be. Swimming is a very big sport and I hope to pursue my big dreams in the future relating to my swimming. Swimming has given me so many skills that I can use in the future. Winning is not everything, it might seem like it is to many people, but it isn’t. Take time and do it right. Don’t waste your time doing it wrong because if you do it wrong in practice you do it wrong in a meet. The summer Olympics are this year in 2016. This year for swimming, there will be new world records, and much more. The summer Olympics are in Rio. In 2020, the year I will hope to be going to the Olympics, that are in Tokyo Japan. 

     My conclusion is that swimming is a very difficult sport, if you're good at it, you have a gift. It's just you and the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment