Friday, January 29, 2016

Who's Mia?

My name’s Mia, but almost everyone pronounces it Maya. I was born in China, and I was adopted by my incredible family when I was eleven months old. My loving family consists of my mom, my dad, and my sister, who is five years older than me.

I used to live in Las Vegas, Nevada, and I hated it. Luckily, in 2012, I moved to Park City, Utah, which is where I currently live. I moved to Utah because the Nevada schools were bad, and the weather was disgusting.

When I moved to Utah, I started playing tennis. The first time I played, I fell in love with the game. I love the anticipation of the game the most.

When going into the school system, I took a test and was able to skip fifth grade. I found my best friends at school and I’ll forever love and treasure them.

2 comments:

  1. Mia, what a great story! I can't wait to read more of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so amazing you get these opportunities! I would love to read your writing.

    ReplyDelete